Today We will discuss how to migrate your data from on-prem Dynamics GP to Business Central, As you know Cloud is your perfect match for data migration.
But how we can do it literally and figuratively…keep reading!
What Data can be migrated?
Migration is a one-time data move. Once you migrate, BC SaaS will become your primary solution and your existing Dynamics GP system will only be used to search across your historical GP data or for reporting purposes. When everything is ready for migration, you can start the process. Under Setup and Extensions, you will see Assisted setup. Click on Migrate business data. On the “Data Migrators” page, you can select from a number of options: to import from GP, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, and Excel.
Cloud migration tool to include the following capabilities:
- Option to not include inactive checkbooks.
- Migrate unreconciled bank transactions.
- Migrate vendor’s remit-to address to the vendor’s main address.
- Additional information available in the Dynamics GP Receivables and Payables Transaction lists.
- Migrate fiscal periods to accounting periods.
- Option to limit the number of historical Dynamics GP years to be migrated.
- Migrate vendor EFT information to the vendor’s bank information.
- Migrate vendor class accounts to vendor posting groups.
- Migrate customer class accounts to customer posting groups.
- Migrate item class accounts to inventory posting groups.
- Option to migrate a selection of modules.
Now your data is in the cloud, and the only thing remaining is to simply enjoy working in Business Central, reaching new heights in your business. Trust in our Business Central experts for end-to-end development, services and to ensure your Microsoft Dynamics solution is delivered on time.
For more information about what’s new in Business Central please follow our company page where you will get all the new updates every week.